Saturday, July 24, 2010

Etsy shops

Next weekend I'm going to St. Simons Island to celebrate the end of summer classes with Jessica and Ally. My grandmother lives there so we're going to stay with her, and come and go to the beach and village for some shopping. Since we'll be on the island I started looking up some Lilly Pulitzer because I just love those bright, islandy prints. Too bad all of it is WAY out of my price range.. but I found this ADORABLE headband in an etsy shop and I am in love!
Too bad I didn't find it at the BEGINNING of the summer. And then.. as I was etsy shopping, I stumbled upon these rag wreaths.
I LOVE this!! I want one to hang on the door to my room in our new apartment! But I think I can make one myself before I cough up the $50. It can't be too hard! The hardest part for me would be finding all of the cute material and making sure it still matches nicely.
Anyways, I think that's going to be a project for me while I have my one week of summer vacation. I just love it!

-Leslie

8 comments:

Meredith! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

That wreath is just too cute!

I'm actually going to St. Simons next weekend too for my cousin's bachelorette weekend...maybe we'll run into each other :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for the comment! I bet you can def make a headband!
and I love those rag wreaths too! <3 Etsy!

Lauren said...

I love that wreath. I'm going to try and make that!

JMB said...

I have stumbled upon that same rag wreath before on etsy! It is really cute!

Ms. Emmy N said...

How fun! Hope you have a fantastic trip! And I love that headband!! Good luck with the wreath, it's adorable, and defnitely seems doable :)

Meredith! said...

Leslie i read your bucket list and saw one is to make home made peach cobbler! on www.foodnetwork.com search for peach cobbler and use paula deen's recipe! i've made it several times and its worked great every time! not to mention its SUPER delish!

Southern Cinderella said...

I have been wanting to make one of those wreaths too! They are so adorable! I am with you, and am in LOVE with ETSY!

Check my blog, there's an award waiting for you :)

www.southerncinderella.blogspot.com