Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rough Day.

Ever have those days that just start off badly, then progressively get worse....
until it reaches the point that you just have to step back, laugh, and ask "Now What?!"
yeahh... today has been THAT kind of day for me. 

No joke.
I babysit a little girl overnight because her mom works night shifts occasionally, and this morning she fought me for over 30 minutes when I was trying to get her ready for school. She's WAY too old to act like that.. and I was at a loss since I can't exactly spank someone else's child... I've never been so emotionally and physically drained.
Kids are in the distant future for me after this one.

So because of that scenario.. I got back to my apartment late, had to shower and get completely ready in under 30 minutes, and I hate being rushed. But hollaaaa.. I did it.

THEN.. proceed to physics.
that's self explanatory.

Then I realized my Calc II final coincides with my work schedule. Losing another day's work is not cool.. especially with Christmas and utilities. 

THEN, I get on the transit.. and if you follow me on twitter you know about that one. Quite a SCENE.. a scary man got off the bus without paying and the driver went GHETTO up on him. Threats to call the police were made.. the man starts taking off on his bicycle. #intensestuff

So, with all of this morning's happenings I decided to treat myself to Chickfila for lunch.
Me and my lovely roommate Jasmine went together through the drive-through. 
  We did 2 separate orders, so when I got to the window we paid for Jasmine's... the girl handed me Jasmine's food along with both of our drinks and then I gave her my money to pay for my order. She handed me my change and I drove off. Except, I forgot to grab my food. GAH!!! How embarrassing.

(in my defense: The bag with Jasmine's food was pretty big, so I thought both of ours could possibly be in there) 

 so I threw it into reverse.. then realized I couldn't back up because of the line of cars behind me. So I start to get OUT of my car to WALK back to the window... which is just shameful with the entire line of lunch drive-through people watching... but the Chickfila girl yells, "No, you can back up now! There's room!" 

So I back up.. get my food.. squeal tires out of that place, and have decided I can't go back to Chickfila until at least February. (surely they won't remember me by then ;) )

Woooo!
So it's only like 2:00pm and There's no telling what the rest of the day holds, but I'm pretty sure I've had enough excitement for the rest of my week.

And this may just be my longest post ever.
dang.

Hope YOUR day is going WELL! :) 
 

13 comments:

Erin said...

LoL you poor thing! I hope your day starts to get better!

Unknown said...

Wow.. What a day.. I am so sorry to hear of such trauma ... Hope tomorrow is better for you!

Sarah said...

That sounds like a crazy day! I hope everything gets better! Just a few more weeks, and the stress of school will be gone for a few weeks! :)

Sam W. said...

awww, i hate when everything goes wrong! hope this evening is just fabulous :)

Jules said...

I think I need a nap after reading this post ;) I notice that when my days start off on a bad foot, sometimes the rest of the day seems to go downhill.

On a positive note, there isn't anywhere to go but up the rest of the day!

Jessica said...

What a terrible day! It always seems like everything goes bad all at once. Hoping tomorrow is lots better :-)

Courtney B said...

Ah! Days like that usually end up in tears for me! Clearly I don't handle stress well... haha :)
You are way too cute! It just made my day finding your blog :)

Marjorie said...

yep had those days! yay for yummy chick fil a!

C Mae said...

I would say something to that little girl's mom..maybe you already did. Some parents are completely oblivious until someone from the outside says something! :)

Anonymous said...

Just added a new link up. :) Check it out!

http://www.katelynkonow.blogspot.com/2011/11/1.html

Ramblin' Blonde said...

I hope your week finishes up better!

Portuguese Prepster said...

o god I'm sorry girl! I hate those kinds of days! But at least good days usually follow them!

Jamie said...

Hope today has been a better day!