Friday, September 23, 2011

DMV

One thing I've been looking forward to about turning 21 has been getting rid of this Driver's License Picture:
 yikes! That's scary.  
I can't believe I'm even posting it. 
I never upgraded my license when I turned 18, because I'm too cheap. So I just held off until 21.. 20 bucks later, I have this beauty:

Can I just say, I HATE taking pictures for ID cards. I hate that you only get one shot.. and you don't even get to make sure it's halfway decent before they send you away with the new card. 
BUT this is definitely an improvement over my 16 yr old one. Wooo!

My UGA ID card is another story.. so embarrassing. I want to lose it and get it replaced, but I'm too cheap to pay for a new one. 

I think part of my problem is that my parents are photographers, so I'm used to being able to pick my picture. AND I know what a bad picture of me looks like. And friends, the UGA ID card is a BAAAAAD Picture. If I get the guts I'll post it so you can laugh.
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha my drivers license picture from when I turn 18 is HORRID. I cannot wait til I get my new one...in a year. I try not to show my license to anyone. My school ID, on the other hand, is a wonderful picture. haha

Your new picture looks cute though! :)

Michelle said...

I had ID card/ drivers license pictures too! $20 is cheap. In NY, they are like $50-60!

Jamie said...

I HATED my GSU ID! I had to get a new one for some reason and I thought that they could just use my old picture on file. Oh no...they made me take a new one and I'd just come from the gym and looked a mess!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Jenn W said...

Virginia just updated their licenses but i'm holding off on getting the new one... you can't even smile in it. how awful!
you're picture turned out so good for only getting one shot!

Neely said...

Oh god mine is the worst!

Megan said...

Hahaha, this made me laugh! I hate doing it, too! Except the last time I had a sweet man and he actually let me look before he printed it!! I think yours is cute!

Mere said...

YAY for a new ID picture!!! :) I get stressed out taking them too! lol. You are so pretty, Leslie!!!

Jessica said...

I'm pretty positive my driver's license pictures is 100 times worse than yours was. My eyes are barely open, I'm way too tan, and my hair is pulled back in a bun and I look like a boy. That's what I get for going to get my permit directly after swim practice. I need a new one since my picture is from 11 years ago! Ugh, I'm old. Love your new picture!