Sunday, August 14, 2011

One Day

I read the book earlier this summer and loved it!
It's been on the best seller list in London for over a year now, and now the movie comes out this month. I'm so excited and really can't wait to see it!
I love reading books before they're made in to movies, it's always neat to see the book actually brought to life. 

The movie stars Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. 
My only concern is Anne Hathaway pulling off the English accent... I really don't like fake accents in movies. Southern ones are always the worst! But watch the trailer and see for yourself! 


Have any of y'all read the book? Or plan to see the movie?

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I've never heard of this book but def want to check it out! I love reading books before movies too- books are always better and most of the time if i see the movie first I dont feel like reading the book after

Ashley Lauren said...

I'm starting the book now so I can watch the movie when I'm done... so excited! I agree about the fake accent... it drives me especially crazy when a non-southerner is trying to pull off a southern accent.. it's never right!!! Good luck on getting your apartment put together, I know it will come out great! xoxo

C Mae said...

I read it but for me, it didn't even get "good" till almost the end! I am really hoping the movie brings it more to life for me!

Heather said...

Every time I see the previews, I cringe because of her accent! I love Anne, but I just didn't picture her as Emma.

Heather said...

I just picked up this book to read and I'm really, REALLY excited about it AND the movie too!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! I'm about to start reading this! I wanted to read it before the movie came out. I'll let you know what I think.

Jessica said...

I've seen the previews for the movie and it looks so good! I didn't realize it was a book too, but maybe I'll have to read it before I go see the movie

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

One Day is definitely one of the best books I have ever read. I still think about it often! Everyone needs to read it before the movie comes out..