Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting By

This semester, holy moly, this semester...
Keeping my head above water is the best way to sum it up.
Very minimal free time these days, so blog posts are few and far between.

BUT, I'm getting by.
Keeping my spirits lifted with good music on Spotify.
The Lumineers? My favorite right now.

Imagine Dragons... kind of digging them too.
I could listen to music all day long on there, I love discovering new artists.
So it's just PERFECT to use in the background while I'm studying.

Over the weekend I took a break from the books, and headed to Terrapin (a brewery in Athens) with my parents and some of their friends. Terrapin is one of my favorite places in Athens, the atmosphere is pretty cool... with the live music and strung up lights, it's a fun place to venture out and try new beers.


And then that night I got tickets to Sister Hazel at the Georgia Theatre for Ben and I for Valentine's Day. It was such a great show! Granted, with the Georgia Theatre and us Athens folks as your audience... it would be pretty hard to have a bad show. ;)


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Jenna said...

looks like a fun, and much needed weekend!! good luck with school, it'll be worth all the heard work in the end! have a wonderful week :)

Sara Elizabeth said...

The Lumineers and Imagine Dragons are favs of mine right now too!!

Lauren said...

Hang in there, pretty girl! God has a great plan! :)

Tayler said...

Isn't it amazing what music can do? It's getting me through grad school, I'll tell you that! Well, music and coffee. My favorite these days is Mountain Top by Bedouin Soundclash. Awesome for crazy stress dancing.

Kristin said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. I love discovering new bands/artists! :)

Heather said...

Glad you had a great weekend as a break from all your studying!!

Taylor said...

Aww such a chill weekend! Good beer music and company...sounds like the ultimate relaxation. And ps congrats on your AWESOME news about pharmacy school:)

Elle Hattan said...

Glad you took some time for yourself! The lumineers are my favorite right now!

Portuguese Prepster said...

great pictures! good luck with school..I know how stressful it can be!

m. said...

that last pic is fabulous!!! I saw the Lumineers when they came to Nashville last summer and it was unreal. Love them so much!