Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Girl's Weekend

As you saw in yesterday's post, 
Sarah and myself spent the weekend in the beautiful city of Savannah.

I hadn't been since 8th grade, so I had a blast walking around and being a total tourist.



We strolled along River Street, making a stop at River Street Sweets for some pralines and other goodies.



We had lunch at the Cotton Exchange Tavern overlooking the river before we headed up into the historical district for some serious sight-seeing.


We made a pit stop at Leopold's, and whadya know? 
It was their 93rd birthday.. so we joined in the festivities and enjoyed ourselves some 93 cent ice cream cones.

 Possibly some of the best ice cream I've ever had. 





It was such a fun weekend, and ended far too quickly.
I definitely can't wait to head back to Savannah in just a few months for the Half Marathon now!
I'm kind of in love with that little city.

6 comments:

Pink and Green Mom said...

I probably walked right by you guys b/c I was downtown this weekend too!!

Portuguese Prepster said...

that ice cream looks incredible!

Sarah said...

love your shorts!! super cute!

Melanie said...

So jealous! Thats one city I've always wanted to visit..your pics are great and the ice cream looks awesome!

Jessica said...

I have never been to Savannah but I've been wanting to go for years. I'm hoping to make it there next May.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

We are having a giveaway. If you have time please stop by and enter. Giveaway

Heather said...

Your Savannah pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I'm wanting to take a trip there so bad!